fbpx

Title : Prime Properties

 

Prime Properties (PP) is an Estate Agency based in Brighton. The company specialises in the sale of high value residential properties. In addition to advertising properties for sale,the company provides a range of services.

These services include: providing house valuations; tidying and dressing properties so that they are appealing to potential buyers;taking professional photographs of houses and surrounding gardens and providing accompanied viewings. The company also has solicitors who handle the legal searches and conveyancing required for house sales.

Prime Properties operates on a combination of a commission model and a fees model.The company charges a flat fee of £1500 for the legal and conveyancing costs. Moreover,the company charge a fee of 1.25% of the sale price of the property for its standard package.

The standard package includes the initial valuation, the professional photographs, advertising the property and providing accompanied viewings. Additional fees are charged for “dressing” the property (£150 per room, plus the cost of any furniture or accessories rented for this purpose).

Estate Agents work on a base plus commission basis. Base salary is living wage (currently £7.85 per hour), but Estate Agents also receive 10% of the sales commission for each property (the other 90% goes to the company). Furthermore, they receive an additional bonus of £2500 if they exceed their sales target for the month.Prime Properties was established 60 years ago and it has some long-term members of staff, including the residential sales manager, estate agents and administrators. The company operates through advertising in upmarket magazines and newspapers, which has worked well for its target market. However, the new Managing Director is keen to modernise the business.

At present, the company handles all enquiries by telephone or in person. To reduce time spent on non-serious enquiries, the company want a website to advertise its services and properties. This would lower overheads and make it easier for the company to reach potential buyers worldwide.

Business Solutions Brighton (BSB) is a software development consultancy based in Brighton. They have centrally located offices which are less than 15 minutes from Prime Properties main offices. BSB have purpose built rooms for Facilitated Workshops and Agile software development projects. PP has decided to contract BSB on a “time and materials” basis, for the development of their new computer system using an Agile Development approach.